Building modern applications with C# and .NET Core
Right at the centre is Visual Studio and C#. Visual Studio is the tool that allows us to build all the different types of applications, ranging from web applications to cross-platform mobile applications to cloud-based applications. C# is the language that is used by most .NET developers and it's actively maintained and extended.
Learning and understanding Visual Studio, .NET and C# can be a daunting task for developers. In this course, you will learn how to build modern applications with .NET Core and C#. You'll learn about the tools such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code. You'll get to understand the basics and the more advanced concepts of C# and you'll understand the different types of applications that can be built with .NET Core.
After taking this course, developers will have a deep understanding of the C# language, Visual Studio and the most important building blocks of the framework.
This course uses .NET Core 3.1.
During this training, we will teach you about the .NET framework and C#. No C# knowledge is required however previous programming experience is expected (Java, C++…) since we aren't covering the basics of programming.
Course duration - 4 days
- An overview of the world of .NET
- Overview of .NET and .NET Core
- Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio Code
- The .NET CLI
- Developing applications with C#
- C# language basics
- .NET CLR, type system
- OO development with C#
- Delegates, generics and events
- Working with the database using Entity Framework Core
- Overview of EF Core
- Database creation, migration
- Code-first design
- Testing .NET Core applications
- Introduction to unit testing
- ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET Core MVC applications
- Working with a database
- Building APIs with .NET Core
- REST API
- Content negotiation
- Building mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms
- Overview of the Xamarin platform
- Forms with XAML
- MVVM introduction
- Integrating with the Cloud
- Overview of the most commonly used Azure services
- Azure Web Sites
- SQL Azure databases for developers
- Deploying applications to the cloud
- Common patterns in .NET development
- SOLID development in .NET
- Other commonly used patterns
- Securing applications
- The OWASP security guidelines
- Security in ASP.NET Web applications
- Team work with Azure DevOps
- Introduction to Azure DevOps
- Boards and work item management
You need to bring your own laptop with the following installed:
- Visual Studio 2019 - Make sure to have .NET Core and Xamarin workloads installed
- .Net Core 3.1
Gill Cleeren is a Microsoft Regional Director, Visual Studio MVP, Xamarin MVP and Pluralsight author. Gill focuses on web and mobile development and loves Xamarin. Gill is a frequent speaker at many international conferences such as TechDays, TechEd, NDC, VSLive, DevConnections and many more. He also is the founder of Techorama, the biggest IT conference in Belgium and he runs Visug, the .NET user group in Belgium as well. You can find his website at www.snowball.be.