Developing with C# in 2021
Welcome to this workshop, and crash course, covering useful language features of C#. This workshop is for developers that have worked in programming for a while, not necessarily C#, but also the C# developers that have not caught up on the latest changes in the language.
Here are a few of the topics and techniques covered in this workshop:
- Record types – What are they? How do you use them? Why?
- Nullable reference types – Moving towards immutability and avoiding null reference exceptions
- Asynchronous Programming – Working with Streams and best practices
- Pattern matching – Writing more beautiful and understandable code
- Using Span<T> - Writing fast and memory efficient code
- Top-level statements
Each topic will be thoroughly covered, followed by exercises that allow you to understand and incorporate these language features in your projects. We will talk about how the application changes, benefits and drawbacks of applying the language features.
We’ll be discussing application design, leveraging new language features and try to answer any of the questions you might have!
This is a workshop you really don’t want to miss if you’re a C# developer in 2021!
Filip is the author of C# Smorgasbord and a handful of Pluralsight courses, speaker at events and user groups around the globe, Microsoft and Xamarin MVP. He loves teaching fellow developers how to master C# by understanding important concepts such asynchronous programming, MSIL and much more.