Practical Performance Practices
Why do you use C++? Probably in good part because of the performance that it can offer. But how do you effectively make use of this performance advantage? And how do you identify code that needs optimizing? What happens if your performance analysis doesn't identify any one hotspot to optimize? And most importantly, how do Best Practices and Practical Performance Practices overlap with each other?
- Oct 18Magazinet Kongsberg2 days07:00 - 15:00 UTCJason Turner13 500 NOK
In a two day in-person workshop, we will cover:
- Overview of how to use high-level profiling tools
- Investigation into two real-world performance issue as a class
- Practical rules to avoid the issues that are hard to track and bleed performance from many different places
- The intersection of Practical Performance Practices and Best Practices
Jason has 2 decades of C++ experience and is a regular conference speaker, developer, and trainer. He is host of the YouTube channel C++ Weekly and co-host of CppCast, the first podcast for C++ developers.